About Me

A Southern soul living the country life and keeping the legacy of Food, Faith and Family alive and well.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Party Time!



It's no secret that I love to throw parties.  Over the years we have had everything from Care Bears, 1950's, Olympics, Luau all the way to fancy Easter tea parties with guests wearing beautiful dresses and hats.  There was also the American Girl Nutting party where I bought and scattered unshelled nuts out on the lawn since we didn't have any nut trees.  Can anyone relate?
  And I love a great Christmas party too!  I think this year I will do another one.  My dear friend Maribeth is such a great decorator/planner.  I've always thought she should be on a DIY show or have her own!  So talented...she has helped me with the last couple of parties I have hosted.  Another great friend, Amy, is a fantastic cook.  She loves sweets and her presentation is always over the top!  I love doing parties with these gals. 

I am usually inspired by some interesting photo or a great color these days.  I saw this picture of succulents in these beautiful antique silver dishes and felt a party coming on! Last year I had a wonderful party at Christmas time. Maribeth helped me recreate and repurpose my collection of decorations over the years into a beautiful wonderland of holiday cheer.  Favorite part of all was seeing friends and family and catching up on their lives. I served this yummy cappuccino punch and it's the best with Blue Bell ice cream.  Even if you aren't crazy about coffee, you will think this is fabulous! 

CAPPUCCINO PUNCH
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 cup instant coffee granules
1 c. boiling water
8 c. whole milk
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
In a small bowl combine the sugar and coffee; stir in boiling water until dissolved.  Cover and refrigerate until chilled.  Just before serving, pour coffee mixture into 1 gallon punch bowl. Stir in milk.  Add scoops of ice cream and stir until melted. Makes 1 gallon.  Double recipe for a crowd!


No comments:

Post a Comment